* Always remove keys from ignition, lock your car and take your keys.
* Never hide a spare key in or on your vehicle. Roll up and secure all windows, hatches and sunroofs.
* Park your vehicle in a well lit location and park vehicle as close as possible to an open business.
* Don't leave valuables in plain sight in your vehicle.
* If you have a garage, use it. Lock your garage door.
* If you park in the driveway, back in so that anyone raising your hood will be visible to neighbors and passersby.
* When going out of town, remove your car's distributor cap or coil wire.
* Never leave your car running while it is unattended.
* Remove all items of value from your vehicle before having it serviced.